Trip to Arizona: Desert Buggy Outing
Tuesday, April 06, 2010

One of the coolest things we got the chance to do in Arizona was a trip in and around the Sonoran Desert in a Tomcar. I'm still not entirely sure what a "tomcar" really is, but I would describe it as a golf cart on giant shocks with a roll cage around it. On steroids.


We got a chance to learn more about the local landscape, see an eagle's nest (dutifully protected by the mama eagle) from afar, and return to our hotel ABSOLUTELY COVERED in desert dust. I started counting the people who teased me for wearing white, but eventually I ran out of fingers and toes, and was forced to stop keeping track. Sigh. All is well, however, for my favorite white cardigan, which came out of the washer looking as good as new. I know - you were worried.

The outing involved other mini-events, like my near heart attack prior to heading up a steep hill. (click on link for video) Needless to say, Sean drove the entire time. My primary job was to snap photos and scream my everloving face off. To that end, I say: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.



Oh, and a *huge* thank you to my good friend Heather, who has done this before, and suggested that I wear a sports bra. (click on link for video) That helpful tidbit was maybe more crucial to my having a good time on this trip than was our 50SPF sunblock, or perhaps our rental car. THANK YOU HEATHER, I HEART YOU IN ALL CAPS.

If you're ever in the area, I recommend our vendor Green Zebra Tours. They were knowledgeable and friendly - what more can a person ask for? Other than a guarantee that I won't die as a result of my participation, that is.