Trip to Arizona: Spring Training!
Saturday, April 03, 2010

I'm finally getting around to posting updates on our trip, so flog me if you must, but I will have you know that some very important things were happening this past week - events that demanded my time and attention, like the first elimination round of Dancing with the Stars. So you're just going have get over your disappointment, folks. Heh.

in a moment of brilliance, Sean decided we should try to snag tickets to a major league spring training game while we were nearby. After all, when is the next time we might find ourselves in Arizona? Right then. Carpe baseball it is.

We had really great seats - about midway up in the second tier of seating behind the third base line (is that even what it's called?). I could see the entire stadium, and thanks to my zoom lense, got some pretty cool shots.


Despite the above reference, this photo was actually taken by Sean, whose reflexes are apparently far better than my own.

I think our biggest surprise was the crowd - we were not prepared for the traffic into the complex, and to be honest, I dreaded the end of the game and it's inevitable parking lot of slow, outbound cars. Oh ho HO - it was not so, people. These baseball folks have the crowd control figured out, and all went smoothly. I didn't even have time to worry about how disgustingly sweaty I was! That is fast.


All in all, a fabulous day for the Cubs (who soundly beat the White Sox - crosstown classic! PWNED!) and for us, too.