And Just Like That, My Faith in Humanity/Fate is Once Again Restored
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I have this friend, Jen, who is the definition of the word "trooper." (and I don't mean the kind that pulls you over on the interstate for speeding) She's taken on more in the last 12-18 months than most people her age take on in their entire young life - including starting her own business (gulp) and dealing with all the stress and heartbreak that came along with a devastating medical diagnosis for her mother (double, triple gulp). It's enough to make anyone fall apart - and she has thrived. I have always admired her personal strength and ability to stubbornly refuse to give in to certain things.

As it turns out, the universe has smiled on her family as well - the LIVESTRONG organization has recently announced her parents as the winners of the "Lance in France" contest and I have to say, it could not have happened to a nicer bunch of people. Is this not the coolest thing EVER?! It's just so exciting - I'm grinning from ear to ear like a complete idiot.

I'm not a huge believer in certain things like destiny, but I believe that fate, for the most part, favors the good people in the world. And even better? THE UNIVERSE JUST PROVED ME RIGHT.

Boo yah.