Happy Trails
Sunday, September 19, 2010
There are things about camping that I find serve as a refresher to my system - maybe not distant, community restrooms, but fresh air and laughter? Definitely. I had a chance this past weekend to spend time with my favorite people in the world (outside my biological family that is) and it occurred to me several times throughout our time together that we are so incredibly, ridiculously lucky to have one another near by.


I mean, c'mon - with who else am I supposed to discuss things like the origin of tampons, ankle goatees, weird vocabulary, and fracture mechanics? (well that last one was an education for me, really - mah frendz r RLY smahrttt). Despite the initially frustrating weather, and those last two fireside cocktails that I REALLY didn't need last night, I had a great weekend. We are all so busy these days and I know it will only get more difficult to figure out once our lives become happily complicated with children, pets, or whatever else the universe has in store for us.


I am so blessed to have people in my life that aren't afraid to shush me when I become very loudly animated in my speech, who go camping when they *really* don't want to, who support my bitching out of a long training run when I really just want to sit and chatter and read magazines, and who know how to make a mean flapjack breakfast taco. How do you say "pigs in a blanket" in Spanish?

I'm sure one of them could tell me.

Have a great week, everyone. I'm off to go do another load of smoky laundry.