Picks/Pans
Saturday, October 30, 2010
I shall make my weekly "triumphant" (aka lazy) return to blogging with another round of Product Picks-n-Pans.

Josie Maran Argan Oil


Honestly? This stuff does all the things it promises and more. Do I remember to whip it out when I need a cuticle softener? NO. Do I think of it when dealing with split ends and flyaways? NOPE. It's a fabulous product, it's natural, and it's good for your skin. But if you can't remember you have it when you need it, what's the point? I don't know, but I know that I love it. PICK

PocketBac Deep Cleansing Hand Gel


I am getting older. It's true. We all are, if you think about it, so when my mom put this in my Christmas stocking, I was inappropriately excited to get it. Not because I think antibacterial products are exciting, but because it's unscented - and it's from Bath & Body Works. Allow me to pause while you wrap your brain around that combination. Yes, it might be the ONLY thing in the entire BBW product line that doesn't stink to high heaven. And while I once loved BBW more than I am comfortable admitting on this website, those days are pretty much over. This product goes on and works quickly - no stink, no stickiness, no nonsense. PICK

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil


This stuff is amazing on blemishes. Tea Tree Oil is one of nature's most effective astringents - and without sounding like an obnoxious hippie, I appreciate the Body Shop's policies on community and fair trade products. I dab this onto any blemishes with a cotton swab, go to bed, and wake up to clearer skin. Word of warning: Tea Tree Oil has an unpleasant odor - it's very sharp and a bit sour. It fades, but MAN can that be a romance killer. I'm just sayin. Despite the stench? PICK