Yuletide Happenings
Monday, December 17, 2007
Things in Jamieland have been a bit odd lately, prompting my lack of posting. In one of the least stressful holiday seasons ever, I am finding it possible to actually get things done. Crazy! I know!

Sean and I had a lovely, lazy day yesterday - went to see Beowulf in 3D at the Navy Pier IMAX. Afterwards, we actually took the free trolley to Michigan Ave, which made for some excellent tourist-watching. Then we shopped for awhile on Michigan Avenue, exclaiming our surprise at how NOT CROWDED it seemed. Seriously, I didn't have to dodge anybody and I didn't get pushed! Even in the Apple store! Anyone who regularly battles Michigan Avenue crowds can appreciate what a miracle that is.

Movie Review: Excellent, interesting animation special effects. Cool story, and quite a bit of semi-animated gore. I had to hide my face a couple of times, but I'm a big wimp. So there's that.

This upcoming week is a doozy - I have my book club holiday party in the suburbs tomorrow night, at which I will be abstaining from alcohol in an effort to *NOT* repeat last year's nightmarish party performance. Then on Wednesday, it's back to the 'burbs to decide on bridesmaids dresses for my friend Laura's upcoming wedding. It's weeks like this one that make my urge to move out of the city even stronger.

I also have about 15 loads of laundry, and an apartment to clean. Yay.