Just Another NYE Lemming
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
It's the end of the year, and what does that mean? It means it's time to complete Sundry's End of Year Blogging Retrospective. So here you go - if you're really bored, you can also read my entries from 2006 and 2007. Have a safe and happy New years, everyone!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Went whale watching, visited western Canada, mainlined MSNBC

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't typically make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, Italy, the good ol' U.S.A.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I plead the fifth.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 16th, March 15th, NOVEMBER 4TH.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Following through on my decision to learn to be a better cook.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight after eating everything I cooked.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than a wicked virus that killed half of this past December, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A black leather Flat-Iron Satchel from Banana Republic. I've seriously worn that handbag almost entirely throughout the year. Well technically it was half-gift, half-purchase.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barack Obama, Rachel Maddow, my father (for keeping a brave face through his surgery)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
John McCain, George Bush, Rod Blagojevich, Sean Hannity

14. Where did most of your money go?
Property taxes, my ridiculous condo assessment, and probably food, cabs, and McDonald's Diet Cokes

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
traveling

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Four Minutes by Justin Timberlake & Madonna

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? neutral
b) thinner or fatter? fatter, but only by about 5 pounds
c) richer or poorer? neutral

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Keeping my mouth shut and just listening to people.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing about money.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, at my parents house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI:NY, the Rachel Maddow Show, Dancing w/the Stars

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
In general, I try not to hate anyone. Ever.

24. What was the best book you read?
Tough call. I have no idea.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I cannot, in fact, figure out the harmony to "The First Noel" and should just let well enough alone during the singalong at church on Christmas Eve.

26. What did you want and get?
Amazing views, experiences, and memories. Materially speaking, a new hand mixer, a food processor, and a Le Creuset dutch oven (in green!).

27. What did you want and not get?
I plead the fifth. Again.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
MAMMA MIA! So campy, SO funny.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent my 29th birthday standing up in my best friend Kate's gorgeous wedding.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Exercising more.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
If it's ironed, wear it.

32. What kept you sane?
Sean, reading lots of books (good and bad), blogs, the dog

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy, as in have a crush on? That's almost too easy. Gerard Butler.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The RNC's nomination of John McCain & Sarah Palin as viable candidates to lead our country. I particularly resent the Palin nod, as I found it insulting to the intelligence of the American citizenry.

35. Who did you miss?
My grandfather.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I had the great opportunity to meet MonkeyPosh and I consider her the most fabulous, friendly person I have met this entire year! She is a dear, dear person - and she enables my love for Sonic, so we're pretty much a match made in heaven.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Honesty should be tempered with a smile.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am horrible at stuff like this...PASS.